Sunday, September 16, 2012

The blog returns--BANG!!

“One’s drinkin’, one’s smokin’, one’s takin’ pills” (“Takin’ Pills” Pistol Annies) . . . well, I think I fill those three roles for my apartment. I doubt, to be a professional stereotype-er, any of the three have smoked. Drank? Meh. With their parents or on abroad trips. Voted left? Hell no. One has a “NOBAMA” sticker on her car. Or had. Her uncle pulled off the N. She flipped when she saw it saying “OBAMA” and took it off entirely. The other two of the apartment, their eyes just about fell out of their head upon hearing the story, the horror! So I brought an Obama poster back from the “Calvin Democrats” table. It’s a pity there was no Green Party table. Last I checked, my overall views balanced closer to Jill Stein. I surprised myself. I thought I’d be uncannily more conservative than I'd like to think of myself. Anyway. All that to say, the boy-band-listening, loud, excitable juniors with whom I live and I are quite different. It’s somewhat entertaining. Lucky for all of us, I’m quiet, and keep my country to myself (“you can kiss my country ass”). The Spanish cigarettes are in their original packaging, in California; the alcohol, well, it’s a dry campus, and they’re not 21 and I’m cheap; but am I takin’ pills? They sure as hell hope so. They don’t know it. But they hope so. Or there will be an Annie shaped carcass slothing about stupidly.

No comments:

Post a Comment