Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fun with Gud Fud

Cooking and baking are perhaps my favorite distractions/adventures. Sometimes it is a catastrophe, but it is mainly successful, and sometimes astonishingly so. Like almond butter cookies. Using my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe, I substituted almond butter for peanut butter and absolutely love it. I wonder how substituting the melted butter with olive oil would work out . . . Hmmm.

I've been on a bit of sauté kick . . . okay, so it's just about the only way I cook anything, stove top. Maybe it has to do with Spain: stove-top with olive oil. A la plancha. Even artichokes. I find it to be so much more flavorful than steaming. But Spaniards also boil veggies . . . ick  : P And of course, I love love love the colors. 

Zucchini-Shroom-Black Bean Quesadilla à la Dublin
Corn Tortilla, Dubliner Cheese, Black Beans, Sautéed Mushrooms and Zucchini . . . mmmm

Lemon-Ginger Stash Tea
Although I wasn't quite able to capture the colors, the orange radiated like the sun from the middle into the bright yellow.

Sautéed Vegetables
Aren't they so pretty?! I threw in the broccoli, then the onion, then grey squash and shrooms, and for the last bit the spinach (to keep it from wilting too much). Cut up a tomato for the top and grated a bit o' parmesan, and ate with a heated whole wheat pita spread with baba ganouj.

¡Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment