Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Call of the Kitchen

Back home, so where do I go? To the kitchen. (At home and for employment. Work starts Saturday.)
Annie, what's for dinner?
Who me?
Once the big bro gets home:
So, uh, Annie, I noticed there aren't any cookies . . . hint, hint.
And I do enjoy it, so I have been fairly productive without many hints. Actually, I just kind of took over. But here are some highlights:
Bread--flour, water, leavening, salt
Pizza--the grody piece with the bites taken out was pear, onion and garlic, mushroom, and gouda. Generally I prefer pear with brie, but with the heat the flavors of the gouda and pear come together quite nicely. And I had a mushroom excess or I wouldn't have added those, but it worked out well, says I. The full pizza is veggies (spinach, onion, garlic, zucchini, mushroom, tomato) and goat cheese.









Biscotti--currants heated in orange juice, the dough flavored with orange and lemon zest, lemon extract, and cinnamon, mmmm. Breakfast: coffee and biscotti and fresh morning air.
Cooookies. This izAmerica. Home of cookies. Peanut butter cookies a la Annie: plus oats and cinnamon.
 
¡Buen provecho!

1 comment: