Friday, November 12, 2010

Jealousy

I admit, I am a glutton for punishment. I love my CAS class.
CAS: Communication Arts and Sciences.
CAS 101: Oral Rhetoric

Yeah, uh, speeches. So the concept of my loving the class and its contents seem a little contradictory. And it is, to an extent. I love the challenge. I love that it is familiar but new. I love that the professor is passionate about her teaching.

This is what gets me jazzed on subjects. When the subject is somehow familiar and new at once, and the professor/teacher/lecturer cares very much about the subject, about the students/audience, and pushes for a cohesive understanding of that subject, with perhaps the hope for genuine appreciation.

Anyway. Where does that jealousy element come into play? Our professor is going to a conference, so we don't have class next Monday. The conference is in San Francisco. !! I want to go to California. I sent her a list of to-dos (which is a joke as I've been in-in San Fran, what, twice?), the primary obligation being to watch the sun set into the ocean.

My ignorance of the area makes me want to do something there, to get to know San Fran. Is that weird or what? Me, want to get to know a city . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment