Friday, June 25, 2010

Initial Musings--what on Earth am I doing?

I’m thinking about starting a blog . . . it could have been started over Spring break, but I would have needed to have remembered my camera (food, yello). It would have served the same purpose as the e-mails (namely, entertainment and expression of sorts, the joy of writing), but it would give me something to do now. The dealio is that I am here, in the place with the people to whom the emails were sent. Who would read it? Does it matter? What would I write about? Books? Adventures beyond the literary scope . . . ha, uhh, really, lacking in that department. I did head out to downtown on Monday to discover . . . no more free parking?! Nope. Not in the immediate downtown vicinity, so I parked two streets over from Pacific, which is no big deal, I’m just sick of gimping around in a boot. Whine whine whine. Pues. Results perhaps on Thursday. But what happened downtown?
Well :) I went to . . . Logos! and Bookshop Santa Cruz! Shush, reading is a good thing. And bought: MacBeth, The Merchant of Venice, and Love’s Labour’s Lost. Cringe. Yes, I do have The Complete Works of Shakespeare and The Necessary Works of Shakespeare. But the latter is what I have at home and it does not have Love’s Labour’s which is what Shakespeare Santa Cruz is performing, along with Othello, which I am super excited about and have full intentions of attending. The other two are in the Necessary volume (what a preposterous idea), but it is quite cumbersome. If I go off to gimp around the harbor or whatever, I would prefer to have a book-sized book, not a text size book to read.
Cooking adventures? Hmm. I made pugliese bread. It turned out fabulous.

Shucks, it looks as though I did do the blog thing. I exist online. What a scary thought. But why a blog? Hmm . . . because, selfishly, I like to write, but I can be very reclusive and as a result unintentionally exclusive. It is not an excuse not to chat with folks in person or on the phone; although I do ignore phone calls sometimes. It is just an experiment—writing semi-publically. Pues. Es todo. Yes, I’ll use Spanish de vez en cuando. Jejeje. Tis fun. Maybe I’ll even write alliterative blogs (oh, it is so much fun, alliteration . . . I carried on a hypothetical conversation in my mind for the endurance of a ten mile run—all of my hypothetical responses were expressed alliteratively). 

No comments:

Post a Comment